What personal information do we collect?
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
We may collect the following types of personal information about you:
- contact details, including your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number and other contact details
- land and property information, including lot, Deposited Plan, title, price and address;
- financial details, including bank account numbers
- details of the technology, products and services that we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those technologies, products and services and respond to your enquiries
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- engage us to provide you with any technology, products or services
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other applications, services or websites
- enter into an arrangement with us in which you option, lease, license or otherwise deal with your land with us
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase of all or part of our business;
- acquire a renewable energy asset from us
Collection for work requirements
In addition, when a person applies for a job or to otherwise applies to work with us (for example, when a person applies to work with us as an independent contractor, or subcontractor to an independent contractor engaged by us), or when a person requires access to our business, we may collect the following additional information:
- identification information, including age or date of birth, nationality, and gender
- identity verification information, including driver’s licence number, copy of driver’s licence, motor vehicle registration number, vehicle plate number, tax file number, birth or citizenship certificate, passport number, visa transaction reference number (for employees who need visas to work in Australia) and photographs
- medical records collected as part of any recruitment process
- information about your curriculum vitae, education and working history, including current and past position title and qualifications, resume details, and training history
- financial information, including bank account details
We may collect this information from recruitment consultants, your employers, organisations that provide labour hire services and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist in our engagement of you as an employee, contractor or subcontractor.
If you are listed as a reference for a person who has applied to work with us or access our business, we may collect your personal information from the person who has provided that information and is the subject of that application.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact and communicate with you
- to provide technology, products and services to you
- to consider your employment application and verify your suitability to work with us or access our business
- to make payments to you for goods or services that you provide to us, including paying you remuneration and other benefits and entitlements
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers who assist us to operate our business and provide our technology, products and services to you)
- professional advisers, dealers, agents and business partners
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments)
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, we:
- store hard copies in locking cabinets or password cabinets which are accessible to permitted staff inside the Company
- ensure all Company computers are password protected
Although we take these reasonable steps, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Links
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below.
Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Synergy Wind Pty Ltd PO Box 327
Balaclava VIC 3183
If you are dissatisfied by the manner in which we handle your information, you can also send your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The Commissioner can be contacted at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Last updated: 6 July 2018